The Cool Dude

The Cool Dude

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Moving a mountain with laughter

An abusive father beats and mentally abuses his servants and children, makes a fool of himself with public delusions of granduer, disrespects his neighbours' needs for peace and mutualness, displays ignorance about people packing up and leaving the neighbourhood, and warns his neighbours to mind their own business.

The neighbours, having had enough of this garish ridiculousness and the man's washing dirty linen in public, cry to each other:

People will laugh at him!
Nobody will want to befriend him!
He has lost the respect of everyone!
He's making a laughing stock of himself!

Please.

All this talk as if such people are the slightest bit concerned about respect. Am I missing something?

Why do I have this uncomfortable feeling that its not just the crazy lunatic of a neighbour that's suffering from delusions?

One thinking that everyone owes him respect. The other thinking that people will change when everyone laughs at them.

[Note: It is generally known that mountains are not moved by throwing ridicule or insults at it so I admit this branch of physics (Bolehphysics?) is new to me. I am discovering new laws of nature in Bolehland every day and by the time I'm finished, I'm quite sure I could write a book!]

No comments:

Post a Comment