The Cool Dude

The Cool Dude

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What to eat?


Where do you even begin with a spread like this?

On Saturday I was with a friend and his family to celebrate his college-going daughter's birthday. We went to a buffet at a 5-star hotel in the city. It's been a long time since I had such a large amount of food staring at me. I was overwhelmed.

I ended up having one bowl of soup, half a plate of fried rice, 3 samplings of veggies and a piece of stewed chicken. A few slices of fruit and a small square of cake later, I surrendered. Couldn't eat any more.

My stomach must have shrunk. Tomorrow I'll sure regret for not eating more I told myself but it was all I could handle in one sitting.

The company was excellent. In between the conversation, we sipped coffee and remarked at how people could go back to the buffet table for round 5 and round 6. One thing for sure. I seldom see such muhibbah. Malay, Chinese, Indian and dan lain lain diners all making a beeline for the roast lamb that was fast disappearing.

They say sports is the way to lure Malaysians of all races together. Forget sports. Try food. It tastes better and is a lot cheaper some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment