1. Bell bottoms
2. Platform (high heel) shoes for men
3. Afro hairstyle
4. Vinyl records
5. Galaxie magazine
6. Pen pals
7. Beige (teh-tarik) coloured cars
8. Mini compo's
9. Eight-track stereo
10. The word "generation gap"
11. Rose Chan
12. Disco glitter balls and the word "boogie"
13. The phrase "Kee Huat Radio" (I still have no idea why its in my head)
Do you know what I think about the 70's? I think something hit us! And its not a meteorite. There was a loud bump and suddenly everything turned flowery. We had revolutions, youthful rebellions and we all wanted to become this:
Surely something so cheesy cannot happen by accident can it?
But there were also some nice memories. One of them is sneaking out to watch the movie Saturday Night Fever which introduced me to the Bee Gees which I love until today.
Thank God I grew up and it ended.


How true! As a child growing up in the 70's, I didn't miss all of that because I had young uncles and that was their era. And because we all lived together in one big family, I knew about bell-bottoms, vinyl records and yes, Rose Chan.
ReplyDeleteHello, then you must be younger than I am to have heard of the things on my list. Thanks for visiting my blog and may you and your babies be well.
ReplyDelete