The Cool Dude

The Cool Dude

Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I learnt in 2009

- Empty plastic mineral water bottles make good slippers. You flatten them, use rafia string to make the harness and you have instant selipar jepun (Japanese slippers).

- I can survive on Rm3 a day.

- The people who tell me I need money to be happy are usually the same ones who say money is the root of all evil.

- Given a choice, I can always count on people to choose something that gets them deeper into trouble. This ranges from choice of food to brides to political preferences.

- The more things I own, the more I suffer. Either it goes before I am ready to let it go or it stays when I wish it doesn't stay.

- Sometimes, the best way to make people worse is to help them, and deny them a painful but necessary lesson in life.

- If you like to pray for longevity, make sure the signs are you won't have to keep toiling to keep food on the table well after your retirement

- You cannot find mee jawa in Java, mee Siam in Siam or nasi goreng America in America.

- There is no worse tragedy than children leaving their parents to die alone in their old age

- No matter what you do, your parents will always love you, even if they don't say it

May 2010 make me and the people around me happier people.

2 comments:

  1. Heck, which part of Selangor are you staying in? I thought I'm the only one who can survive on RM3 a day, but I'm staying in SP.
    Agree with you about people, money & being happy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I am in a kampung near Sungai Buloh on the way to Kuala Selangor. I moved here from another kampung in Ledang area, Johor. You can survive on Rm3 if most of your food comes from your garden.

    ReplyDelete