Gee, this is my 3rd piece in 3 days on the same topic. A personal record! I must be bored stiff, hehe.
So Harris Ibrahim wrote a piece titled Did We All Err to try and make head or tail of that's happening in PKR as I'm sure many fair minded people concerned about PKR's well-being are.
I'm not going to belabour the dates. Oct 10, Oct 16, whatever.
But I do want to belabour this one.
Here's a golden opportunity for the party's top gun, and I mean the official no. 1, no proxies, no deputies, to step up to the plate, remove the doubts and confusion, answer any questions in any depth of detail required, put the matter to rest in a proper manner and not as a side remark in the rush to the toilet, and work to restore confidence in all and sundry. Or something like that.
The media is making hay out of all this. There's quit threats. The public's making fun of it. Some sympathizers have bolted. One would think an issue like this would top any other agenda, whether meetings, public talks, overseas trips or what have you.
You think they'll do the right thing by tomorrow?
From the attitudes I seen in the last few days, I'll bet you a packet of Menggelembu kacang they won't.
Now where have I seen this before?
Oh yeah. The gomen. It lets something happen, say a price increase or a new toll that everyone deems unreasonable. Everyone's pissed. Everyone wants to know why. Official response? Silence. People make demands in the press. Situation gets ugly. More silence.
Sound familiar?
Transparency. That's what separates a 3rd rate organization from a 1st rate one.
Actually the 3rd rate one has a standard procedure too. Its called, "Shhh. Let's all keep quiet. Maybe they'll go away."
So is this what the future looks like, IF they ever get into power?
And please spare me that oh-but-they're-still-new bs. They're 12 years old lah for heaven's sake, an adult as far as organizations go.
Sure, people may have erred about the election process in PKR. Or they may have not. Whatever, what they need is clarification from a credible source, without the self-righteousness and the judgemental oh-you're-so-stupid-didn't-you-see-the-notice attitude. Every day they let this burn incinerates another acre of goodwill they so painstakingly cultivated, and I have to question anyone's sanity for bringing this unto themselves.
Sigh, maybe what they say is true. The party the showed the least results and made the most noise may simply be that after all.
I am disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment